Thursday, October 30, 2008

My Passion,Bicycle

What do you think about when you hear about bicycle ???


I really really love cycling,mountain biking and all about bicycle the reason why i love it because I feel the freedom of riding bike in the city or in the mountain or finding a new single track.Mountain Biking makes your stamina and adrenaline rise.When i ride my bike i feel that i'm as one as my bike and you feel that the world is yours.I ride all genres of bikes,from Cross Country,All Mountain,Downhill,North-Shore style,Dirt Jumping,Urban Riding and even Beach Cruisers.But I don't ride roadbikes because it was very bery expensive and i'm not so interested in it.Every month I buy biking magazine to improve my knowledge about bikes and to improve my riding performance.Back in my hometown I ride with my friends every weekend in the mountain such as Mount Salak,Mount Tangkuban Parahu or Mount Gede.I have been riding bike since 5 years old,my father introduced cycling to me,since then me and my dad loves to ride together,since that i never stop cycling until a few months ago before i came to malaysia.I used to have 6 bikes,but i just have one now,i sold it before i came to malaysia.Biking is a very healthy and fun activities especially when you ride together with yourfamily or friends
.

Pics above are some of my bikes and my mountain biking experience

I will explain to you all readers about the types of bikes that i love to ride.

1.Cross Country or XC:
XC is a genre of mountain biking that combine Strength,Physicall Fitness and How Fast you can cycle in the grass,sand,rock and even mud.Actually XC is the basic of all Mountain Biking,the track is not so dangerous yet is was fun and it was a good cardio work-out.XC bikes has two types:Hard Tail the one without rear suspension and Soft Tail the one with the rear suspension.
Below is a picture of an XC Track and XC bikes:


Left:SofTail XC Bikes Right:Hard Tail Suspension XC Bikes
2.All Mountain:
AM is a mix genre of Mountain Biking between Downhill and Cross Country,it has more slopy track the track has a combination between uphill and downhill but a lil bit have more dangerous ,needs more experience,riding skills and bikes that can support all of it.Usually AM bikes has Front and Rear Suspension with more longer travel.


3.Downhill,Northshore,Freeride:
Downhill,Northshore and Freeride is the MOST Notorious genre in mountain biking
it is the TOP NOTCH of the class it's the most dangerous mountain biking genre,the most adrenaline rush the most luxurious in mountain biking class.It has World Cup even such as UCI or Sea Otter.DownHill,Northshore or Freeride bikes usually has the longest suspension travel to absorb the impact from the rough and gnarly rides,it also usually use Triple Crown Forks that has 200mm travel or Single Crown Forks with the 180mm travel in it's class




4.Dirt Jump,4x and Dual Slalom:
Basically all you need to do in this genre is just jumping and pumping
it's the basic things you need to do,it's a bit dangerous and hard to do
If Dirt Jump is all about jumping style,then 4x(four-cross) or dual slalom is about who is the fastest on the track,just like motocross.



5.Trial/Urban.
Trial and urban basically is like dirt jump where you need special skills to balance the weight of your body and balance the weight of your bike to do special tricks


The last one that i love to ride in the evening is

Cruiser/Beachbikes:
Cruiser bicycles are balloon-tired bikes with heavy duty frames and were America’s standard bike from the early 1930s right through the 1950s. Their wide tires and simple mechanicals (usually single speed with coaster brake) are ideally suited to riding on flat sandy beaches, which means that they remained popular through the 1960s and 1970s as “Beach Cruisers.”Cruisers’ comfort, style, and affordability (compared to mountain and racing bikes) have led to renewed popularity in recent years.

This is My Bike















If you want to look at some useful sites,click on the link below

-Iron Horse bicycle
-Specialized bicycle
-Trek
-Giant
-Santa Cruz
-Kona
-Scott
-Commencal
-Ride-Buddies
-Sepedaku
-Pinkbikes
-Farkin
-MTBR
-Bike Radar

That's all folks,i hope you like it

5 comments:

amatt mexes amir said...

what a long post this time tim,way to go =) hey,you know what, i used to have a passion for cycling during my early childhood, but it's already gone by now.haha.

Ebzonfyr said...

TIMKOKWING!!!! man u gta take me cycling as well man!

dolphy said...

Wow, Tim "the bike collector". its hard to believe that you love cycling.....and CROSS COUNTRY!!!! DUDE YOU NUTS!!

Timothy Glenn said...

thx guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fabregas said...

Man, the topic was sooooo misleading, i thought it was about prison break or something like that..... then i found out it was about bikes??? Dude, cool, yet crazy, classy, yet goofy..... Lol but i nice essay man